Well, I can’t say I’m too familiar with these tagged-type deals… other than the Liebster award, this is the first ever thing in this style I’ve had on this blog!
…I kind of wish I had something else to say about that, but I really don’t, so let’s get on with it:
~You must post the rules
~Post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post
~Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
~Tag eleven bloggers, however, you can break the rules and tag fewer people if you want. Make sure you hyperlink their names/blogs.
~Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Fair enough. Let’s do the eleven facts first:
- I have no discernible sense of humour. If someone tells a joke, there is an about 8% chance that I will laugh. Of course, this number can be radically altered depending on the joke’s subject matter, but it has that net value due to the relative rarity of circumstances that would make it increase.
- Like so, I have no concrete definition for the music genres I like, other than soundtracks. Mostly videogame soundtracks. There’s just so much variety in videogames, you know.
- I have spent most of the past week going through old Super Nintendo RPGs, some just for the heck of it, some because I had actually finished them before but due to a freak accident got the short end of the stick on the overall gameplay experience.
- I have not given up on the serials, honest. They’ll come. Eventually.
- My biggest talent other than writing is programming, along with linear logic in general. Not too long ago, I became engaged on a personal enterprise of game development, and found it to be a soul sucking experience. But in a good way. Kind of how like writing eats away at your soul when you do it a lot? It’s like that, but in a different flavour.
- My favourite writers pretty much all stem from late 19th/early 20th century English literature. It’s a shame that my schooling program requires me to read the flowery, self-indulging thing that is hispanoamerican literature. Oh well, I discovered something while doing it: in Ignacio Manuel Altamirano’s books, whenever the prose slips into a flowery tract (i.e. all the time), reading only the first sentence of each paragraph will guarantee you won’t miss any of the plot.
- I cannot draw (or be decent at any form of visual art other than photomanipulation) to save my life.
- Even though I’ve lived in Latin America all my life, I speak English with a posh British accent. I attribute this to the people who taught me the language.
- Despite me only having discovered ‘serious’ writing about a year ago, the amount of words I have written since then far, FAR outweigh the amount of words I have spoken since then… or before, for that matter.
- I’m fairly vulnerable to worldbuilder’s disease. If I spend more than, say, a week planning something without actually drafting anything, it’ll be in danger of quickly growing stagnant. Scrapping or remaking it usually does the trick.
- It took me more than two days to fill this out.
Now, for Coffee’s questions:
- Do you plan on doing Script Frenzy? In fact I do, but I haven’t started yet. It may have to do with the fact that I didn’t finish polishing my outline until about an hour ago.
- Are you a planner, or a pantser? Planner, planner, planner. SOMETIMES I can whip some decent stuff up without planning, but only if it’s very, VERY short.
- What’s your favorite kind of music? Kind of uncategorizable, I’m afraid. See the pertinent fact for details.
- If you could have three wishes (and couldn’t wish for more wishes), then what would you wish for? I don’t know, omnipotence? Assuming that’s not an option… I’d go for a cure for procrastination, a cure for accidental wastes of time, and… a swift kick in the groin for whoever stole my coat and bag the other day.
- Do you believe any conspiracy theories? If I did, they wouldn’t be conspiracies or theories anymore.
- What helps you de-stress?Just being alone for a while. At worst, just chilling out until the day is over, hoping to feel better the next day.
- Do you reward yourself with snacks and/or beverage? Not really. The closest thing I’ve done to that was the word war drinking game last November. With iced tea.
- What, for you, defines a best friend? Someone who’s interested in what I’m interested. It’s less likely than you think…
- For about how long each day do you listen to music? Oof, for however long. If I remember I can play music, I do so. Berbs, opening up iTunes now.
- Tumblr, Facebook, or Twitter? Really, none. The only reason I even have a facebook these days is to keep in touch with some very specific groups of people.
- if you ruled the world, what changes would you make? Ban daylight savings time. Ban forced military service. Ban forced social interaction at schools. Ban acoustic guitars in public places. Ban… I dunno, networking being the best way to get ahead in life. Death sentence to all thieves of material things. Amnesty to all digital pirates.
Now, I am supposed to make my own set of eleven questions to keep the eleven-theme going:
- How often do you come up with new ideas for writing?
- On a good day, how many words can you manage to write before collapsing?
- What is your preferred genre, both in reading and writing?
- If you’re a plotter, how long do you plot before you start a big project?
- Do you prefer sweet or salty food?
- What are your biggest talents other than writing?
- Is there anything you live by when it comes to writing? What?
- Of the last, say, ten books you read, which did you like best and why?
- Around how many books are on your to-read list right now?
- What is your favourite book-to-film adaptation?
- How often do you listen to music while writing?
And now, for the last bit, the actual tagging. Seeing how there is no way in heck I’m going to find eleven different bloggers to tag, let me just place the tag on a few people off the top of my head:
And that’s it. Fun times, you all. I’ll get this thing back on its feet eventually, I promise. But right now, Screnzy.